Is it possible to boot from QSPI on i.mx6UL EVK?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to boot from QSPI on i.mx6UL EVK?

farangutan
Contributor I

I "successfully" (the Mfg Tool claims it was successful) used the Windows Manufacturing Tool to write an QSPI image onto the i.mx6UL SOM.  After setting the boot device switch to "Boot from QSPI" and power cycling the board, Linux did not appear to boot.  Is the QSPI image distributed with the MFG Tool known to work?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Have you considered the right u-boot file to be loaded into the QSPI for proper boot of the board?

You could refer to the following document, which uses a different u-boot file for SATA boot:

Booting Linux from SATA on i.MX6Q SABRE AI.

Additionally, you should ensure that all the switches that selects the boot source of the i.MX6UL are properly configured. Please refer to sections 2.2 and 2.7 of the “i.MX 6UltraLite EVK Board Hardware User’s Guide”:

qspi 6ul.png

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos