Is it able to use mfgtool v2 in kernel 5.4?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it able to use mfgtool v2 in kernel 5.4?

yibhan
Contributor III

Hi guys,

I have doing to job to upgrade from kernel 4.1.14 to kernel 5.4. I did use mfgtool v2 in kernel 4.1.14, and I am trying to use mfg tool v2 in kernel 5.4.

Should I modify kernel or uboot configuration if I am using mfgtool v2 in kernel 5.4?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

yibhan
Contributor III

Hi guy,

Thank you for your support. Your comment would be helpful for debugging.

0 Kudos

yibhan
Contributor III

Hi guy,

Thank you for answering. As you mentioned before, I have referenced example_kernel_emmc.uuu in LF_v5.4.y-1.0.0_images_MX6QPDLSOLOX, but examples is based in i.MX8MQ, i guess.

After I modified example script, flash images(uboot, kernel, rootfs) with the script, but device don't boot up.

Below is error logs:

"Wrong Image Format for bootm command"

"ERROR: can't get kernel image!"

loadaddr : 0x12000000

fdt_addr: 0x18000000

initrd_addr: 0x12C00000

Could you guild me what I missed to modify the example script file?

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

try to use the "printenv" to check if you set the correct image in the uboot, if the image name isn't the same as your program image name, you need to set "setenv image <your own image name>" then "saveenv"

0 Kudos

yibhan
Contributor III

Hi guys,

Thank you for answering. I have a question about using UUU tools.

I am trying to flash u-boot / zImage / dtb / rootfs separately with UUU tools. My reference board is imx6qp.

How to flash those images to eMMC device with UUU tools?

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

first I suggest that you can download the demo image for your board, then you can find the uuu script their, replace the u-boot, zimage and dtb file name in the script, try to keep the same name as you programed image name, then use the command like "uuu.exe <your uuu sript name>"

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

for 5.4.3 kernel,  don't support mfgtool anymore, try to use uuu tool

0 Kudos