cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is iMX6 Quad Plus supported by DDR Stress Test Tool V2.8

Jump to solution
joseluiszabalza
Contributor II

I am trying make a calibration test on a iMX6 Quad Plus custom board but DDR Stress Test Tool V2.8 crash when I download the init script.

I suspect that iMX6 Quad Plush is not supported by this tool.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
michael_kjar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The DDR stress test does work with MX6QP (it is the same as MX6DQ Target option). Regarding the tool crashing when downloading the script:

1. Please open a text document (Notepad, Notepad++, Wordpad, etc) then copy and paste the MX6QP Register Programming aid script output to the text document.

2. Please try one of the generic scripts that come with the stress test tool just to see if the tool still crashes.

Another customer using the tool with MX7D also saw the tool crash when downloading the script. Not sure what tool they used to save off the script, but using a generic text tool like the ones stated above worked.

-Mike

View solution in original post

3 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jose

may be useful to check hardware using Hardware Guide and

test memory performing simple read/write with jtag, using oscilloscope if necessary.

i.MX6 System Development User’s Guide (rev.2, 10/2016)

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos
michael_kjar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The DDR stress test does work with MX6QP (it is the same as MX6DQ Target option). Regarding the tool crashing when downloading the script:

1. Please open a text document (Notepad, Notepad++, Wordpad, etc) then copy and paste the MX6QP Register Programming aid script output to the text document.

2. Please try one of the generic scripts that come with the stress test tool just to see if the tool still crashes.

Another customer using the tool with MX7D also saw the tool crash when downloading the script. Not sure what tool they used to save off the script, but using a generic text tool like the ones stated above worked.

-Mike

joseluiszabalza
Contributor II

Thanks Michael

The issue was that the inc file was full of invisible characters. I don't know what happened when I copy/paste the Script Aids Excel to generate the inc.

When the inc file is not correct, DDR Stress Tool crash.

Best regards

0 Kudos