Is i.MX6 eCSPI SS_CTL = 0b in slave mode supported?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is i.MX6 eCSPI SS_CTL = 0b in slave mode supported?

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

I have a question about i.MX6DQ eCSPI.

Please see chapter 21.4.4.2 and chapter 21.7.3 BUST_LENGTH description in IMX6DQRM (Rev.3), these describe eCSPI behavior when SS_CTL is cleared in slave mode.

On the other hand, chapter 21.4.2 says "Slave mode only supports the case when SSCTL (SSB_CTRL[x] bit) is cleared.", and chapter 21.7.4 SS_CTL description says SS_CTL=0 is reserved in slave mode.

Which is correct?

Is SS_CTL=0b in slave mode supported? or not supported?

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Really the problem is, that  slave mode with unspecified burst length cannot be supported. The burst length

should always be specified with the BURST_LENGTH parameter and the SS_CTL[x] should be set to zero.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Really the problem is, that  slave mode with unspecified burst length cannot be supported. The burst length

should always be specified with the BURST_LENGTH parameter and the SS_CTL[x] should be set to zero.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos