cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Yocto Zeus 5.4.3_1.0.0 GA for i.MX8M Mini and NANO

felixradensky
Contributor IV

Hi,

According to release notes https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/release-note/IMX_LINUX_RELEASE_NOTES.pdf  Yocto Zeus 5.4.3_1.0.0 is a GA quality release for i.MX8M Mini and Nano. For some reason binary Demo images for these platforms are not available for download. When built from sources this release gets stuck during boot on i.MX8M Mini EVK. On i.MX8M Nano EVK neither MIPI-DSI panel nor DSI-HDMI bridge are operational. They work fine on the same hardware in Yocto Sumo 4.14.98_2.3.1 release.

Question: is Yocto Zeus 5.4.3_1.0.0 actually GA quality release for i.MX8M Mini and Nano

Felix.

0 Kudos
10 Replies

ivan_nikolaenko
Contributor I

I can confirm I see the same behavior:

[    3.159111] imx_usb 32e40000.usb: 32e40000.usb supply vbus not found, using dummy regulator
[    3.172563] imx-cpufreq-dt imx-cpufreq-dt: cpu speed grade 3 mkt segment 0 supported-hw 0x8 0x1
[    3.185916] mmc0: CQHCI version 5.10
[    3.221789] mmc0: SDHCI controller on 30b40000.mmc [30b40000.mmc] using ADMA
[    3.230707] mmc1: CQHCI version 5.10
[    3.234333] sdhci-esdhc-imx 30b50000.mmc: Got CD GPIO
[    3.238875] imx6q-pcie 33800000.pcie: PCIe PLL lock timeout

The kernel on my board hangs at the same place.
Zeus with 5.4 kernel, core-image-minimal

0 Kudos

ivan_nikolaenko
Contributor I

I've found what caused this issue. One need to use imx8mm-evk-revb.dtb file instead of imx8mm-evk.dtb. The evk-revb differs from the original evk by this section:
/*
 * External OSC is used as PCIe REFCLK on RevC board.
 * Use the -revb.dts file to distiguish the different
 * HW design.
 */
&pcie0{
    ext_osc = <0>;
    status = "okay";
};

0 Kudos

karangajjar
Senior Contributor II

Hi  Felix Radensky,

Along with the above question can you tell us

1)Which display are you using?

2)Did you make any changes to the Linux source or device tree?

Regards,

Karan Gajjar

0 Kudos

oferausterlitz
Senior Contributor II

Hi,

I've built the image using the following command:

MACHINE=imx8mmevk DISTRO=fsl-imx-xwayland bitbake fsl-image-gui. The build completed successfully.

I've tested both MX8-DSI-OLED1 Product Information|NXP and IMX-LVDS-HDMI Product Information|NXP 

I did not make any changes to the Linux source code or device tree.

Felix.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

5.4.3 doesn't have fsl-image-gui anymore, try to build "imx-image-multimedia" or "imx-image-full"

imx-image-multimedia:Builds an i.MX image with a GUI without any Qt content.

imx-image-full:Builds an opensource Qt 5 image with Machine Learning features. These images are only supported for i.MX SoC with hardware graphics. They are not supported on the i.MX 6UltraLite, i.MX 6UltraLiteLite, i.MX 6SLL, and i.MX7Dual.

for more detailed information, pls refer to the yocto user guide of V5.4.3

0 Kudos

felixradensky
Contributor IV

Dear Joan Xie,

5.4.3 does have fsl-image-gui, it is the same as fsl-image-validation-imx, which is the same as imx-image-multimedia.

See fsl-image-gui.bb\images\recipes-fsl\meta-sdk - meta-imx - Unnamed repository; edit this file 'descri... 

Felix.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

pls refer to the enclosed file, from 5.4.3, don't use fsl-image-validation-imx anymore, maybe you can build, but you will get some issues, I suggest that you use full or multimedia image, then test again, we have already tested on the imx8mm board

0 Kudos

karangajjar
Senior Contributor II

Hi  Felix Radensky,

Yes, Yocto Zeus 5.4.3_1.0.0 is GA quality release for i.MX8M Mini and Nano. We built a core-image-base image for imx8mm and board boots properly as well as MIPI-DSI display is also working. For MIPI-DSI, we use imx8mm-evk-rm67191.dtb file. Can you send the boot log for identifying the issue? 

Regards,

Karan Gajjar

0 Kudos

felixradensky
Contributor IV

Hello Karan,

I have attached 2 logs demonstrating where kernel gets stuck during boot. The imx8mm-evk-boot-log.txt  shows boot with default DTB, the imx8mm-evk-boot-log-rm67191.txt shows boot with imx8mm-evk-rm67191.dtb. I run the tests on LPDDR4 Mini EVK SCH-31407 Rev A.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what's your build command? which image do you build? did you build successfully? 5.4.3 supports imx8mm evk board and imx8mn board

0 Kudos