Is Murata's LBEE6ZZ1FD (BCM89359) wifi bluetooth module supported with the iMX.8 QuadMax MEK?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Murata's LBEE6ZZ1FD (BCM89359) wifi bluetooth module supported with the iMX.8 QuadMax MEK?

mustafa_ozcelik
Contributor I

Hello all,

I've been trying to set up  Murata's LBEE6ZZ1FD module with i.MX8QuadMax Multisensory Enablement Kit. The kit came with LBEE6ZZ1FD. However, release notes from IMXPRERELEASE page state that the officially supported wifi & bluetooth board is Qualcomm QCA6174. (So, I assume the firmware involves ATH10k/QCA6174 drivers already)

Trying to install LBEE6ZZ1FD's BCM89359 firmware to linux, release note says extra efforts might be needed, - hence, limited access board support packages-, I've integrated firmware-bcmd-1.363.22.bin to yocto from an external website and successfully installed it to /lib/firmware/bcm.

Still no sign of any driver messages (dmesg), nor any sign of bluetooth device recognition through hciconfig.

Digging through information, I found Murata's partnership with iMX, I came across a User Guide from Murata. Device trees, kernel images and firmware are given for several boards (iMX6s and iMX7s), but not for the iMX.8 QuadMax MEK (prerelease).
https://wireless.murata.com/datasheet?/RFM/data/murata_quick_start_guide_linux.pdf

Do I need to wait for the official release to be able to use this module? This might be Murata's concern, but I want to see if NXP community faces the same issue. If anybody from NXP could enlighten, that would save us some time.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

romitchatterjee
Contributor V

Hello Mustafa,

Please use NXP’s L4.14.98 BSP to build an image for your target. That BSP supports Murata’s 1FD module.

Best regards,

Romit

0 Kudos

billtsai
Contributor I

Hi

Where can I purchase Murata 1CQ (Qca6174A).

The murata web site has minimum quantity requirement.

But I just need one for evaluation.

0 Kudos

puallin
Contributor II

Hi Bill,

Have you found where to purchase Murata 1CQ (Qca6174A) ?

I can’t find where to purchase.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mustafa

as stated in attached Release Notes p.9 supported and tested

only Murata 1CQ (Qca6174A), documentation is available on

Alpha / Beta BSPs for Microprocessors|NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos