Is MFG Configuration required in Board configs to copy U-Boot alone?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is MFG Configuration required in Board configs to copy U-Boot alone?

maheshkumarkoda
Contributor III

Hello Community,

I've built U-boot.bin file for a customized board, taking sabreauto U-boot as reference.

Now i would like to copy U-boot binary to external RAM using MfG tool.

1). Is It required to configure MFG tool specific configuration in Board config files(.h & .c) to copy U-Boot binary alone?

(as far as i know, it is only required when we need to copy kernel along with u-boot).

I'm getting error when i try to load to eRAM, attached Mfg tool log. When i connect JTAG to see updated DCD values,

they are set to default values, not able to see updated values from imximage.cfg input file.

checked also in U-boot.bin file with editor tool, there is no mention about DCD registers, why so?

Please help, Thanks.

Original Attachment has been moved to: MfgTool.log.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You are right : it is not needed to change U-boot sources in order to

load U-boot binary image to memory. Looks like the i.MX6 in Your case

is not in serial (USB) boot mode.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

maheshkumarkoda
Contributor III

Hi Yuri,

I have USB OTG(HID mode) to download U-boot.bin to eRAM and a serial port to see booting log in Console.

I suspect RAM is not initialized by DCD values(DCD is provided by hardware expert, so there may not be a problem with calibrated values).

However I would like to cross check DCD information in U-boot.bin once, Is there a way?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please check if it is possible to load and run (NXP) U-boot on NXP board via

MFG. 

RAM may be not initialized in secure boot, since IVT, DCD must be signed in such case. 

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos