Is FreeRTOS supported for the Cortex A-9 on the IMX6 Solo? Is H264 video codec driver available on the IMX6 solo baremetal?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is FreeRTOS supported for the Cortex A-9 on the IMX6 Solo? Is H264 video codec driver available on the IMX6 solo baremetal?

rajathkumardiva
Contributor II

Couple of questions for you:

1) I see that FreeRTOS is supported for the Cortex M4 on the IMX6, but is there is a port (besides the one on FreeRTOS' website) for the Cortex A9 on the IMX6?

2) For the H264 video codec on the IMX6 I presume there is a Linux driver available for it, but what about a bare metal driver?  I.e. is there a video codec driver that doesn't require Linux and is compatible with most RTOS' / no RTOS?

We are interested in doing a design for IMX6 that doesn't use Linux so I'm trying to find out how much BSP there is for it running bare metal applications.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rajath

unfortunately FreeRTOS  for Cortex A9  is not supported in nxp bsps, also vpu is supported
only in linux, sorry. In general one can look at attached baremetal vpu tests from sdk (one can obtain full sdk

creating service request).

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

rajathkumardiva
Contributor II

thanks for your igor

0 Kudos