Is FIQ only used for Audio on i.MX6DL

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is FIQ only used for Audio on i.MX6DL

michaelworster
Contributor IV

I was disabling Audio on my board via menuconfig because I don't have any need for it. Once I disabled "Sound card support" from the Device Drivers menu and checked the resultant .config file I noticed that CONFIG_FIQ was removed as well.

As I understand it there are a number of different reasons to have Fast Interrupts enabled, including differentiation of secure vs unsecure interrupt sources in ARM TrustZone. Also searching in the code base there seem to be a number of references to the FIQ in MTD, sound, and SPI code.

So my question is: why is CONFIG_FIQ removed just from removing "Sound card support" in the menuconfig? Does the i.MX6DL only use FIQ for audio purposes? Seems there are other uses.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael

for fiq linux usage one can look at

FIQ Handlers in the ARM Linux Kernel 

seems this is applicable to nxp linux bsps.

As for CONFIG_xx dependencies suggest to post on

kernel mail list as this is not specific for i.MX software issue.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos