cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal / on chip LDO do not power up correct

MartinRe
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm having trouble with the internal LDO of the i.MX53. I have a custom design and some boards do not power up correct. When switching on these modules the LDO voltages provided via VDD_ANA_PLL and VDD_DIG_PLL do not reach their voltage level (1.3V and 1.8V), but ramp up very slowly to a kind of lower and undefined voltage level. In some rare cases also these boards power up fine and the LDO voltages are as expected (1 out of 10 times).

I cheked that no IO pins are externally driven while the IO power supply for the pin (NVCC_xxx) is off and power sequencing should be fine.

To analyze the problem I modified my board to provide only 1V3 for NVCC_SRTC_POW and VCC. After 1V3 supply is stable I supply 2V5 for VDD_REG. At this time I would expect VDD_DIG_PLL and VDD_ANA_PLL to provide 1V8 and 1V3.

Regarding VDD_REG this is the only requirement for the power up sequence: "VDD_REG supply is required to be powered ON to enable DDR operation. It must be powered on after VCC and before NVCC_EMI_DRAM."

Any explanation? Are there any other requirements for the LDOs to turn on right?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

MartinRe
Contributor I

There is an new Errata available including a bug related to the internal LDOs: 

ERR007080 LDO: On-chip LDO regulators may not enable or have a delayed

output on power up

see Errata for more information.

0 Kudos