cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing 2 camera modules to iMX535

Yogesh1z
Contributor I

Hi,

I need to know how to interface 2 different (8 or 10 bit) camera modules to iMX535. CSI0 is fine but CSI1 pins are muxed with BOOT CONFIG pins. Anyone has any comments. I need to activate both the camera;s at a time.

Regards

Yogesh

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

RodneyFulk
Contributor III

I am a newbie and am curious...

Can the i.mx53 board process both cameras at the same time?

Also can you add 4 or 6 cameras allowing just two to be active at a time?

I am just researching a project at this point and am curious about my options.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

DougMartens
Contributor II

I suggest that you don't use fuses for now at least.  The incorrect programming of fuses in the iMX family processors can brick the part if you are not familar with the map.  Set the device to use the boot mode GPIO pins and you will have the same affect.  This also allows you to make changes depending on what boot device you have installed.  Boot mode pins are described in sections 7.3.2 and 7.5 in the iMX53RM rev 1A 03/2011.

0 Kudos

DonnyChiu
Contributor II

We are planning on using 2 CSI interfaces too, and what I found out is, there is a boot mode called boot from eFUSE.

There is a PROM-like thing inside iMX535, and we can hard-code the boot setting in the eFUSE.  Then all we need is just the 2 BOOTMODE pins, set it to boot from FUSE, and all other pins can be use as CSI1.

All those other pins are used for boot settings only when BOOTMODE settings is set to boot from internal ROM.

All these were mentioned in section 7.2.4 on the reference manual.

However, the reference manual only described the method and the FUSE to program.

But it didn't mention which address in the FUSE is correspond to these settings, and how we can change the BT_FUSE_SEL and all.

I am requesting these information and reference code for the bootloader via Service Request.

But so far, I haven't received any information yet.

Hope someone can post the information here to share.

0 Kudos

Yogesh1z
Contributor I

Hi,

Can you advise me the exact part number of the tristate bus transceiver. Also we are little confused about MCLK i.e. master clock for the second camera. I dont see any  dedicated output from IMX535.

0 Kudos

DougMartens
Contributor II
We have used a tristate bus transceiver controlled by a GPIO pin that allows the second CSI1 to be later enabled when the software is ready to use the interface.  Use 10K resistors for the boot config and the transceiver can overdrive the pullups after boot.
0 Kudos