Integrating Pylon SDK for ARM I.MX6 with LTIB?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating Pylon SDK for ARM I.MX6 with LTIB?

rhana
Contributor III

My Question: How do I integrate a package into LTIB that requires i)environment variables to be configured in order to run on a target, ii)has no makefile, and iii) has pre-compiled libraries and an application

Hello,

I am currently trying to build the pylon SDK for the ARM I.MX6 and using LTIB. A few points to consider.

1) The package doesn't have a makefile (there are samples that do.)

2) The package contains a static library and dynamically linked libraries (compiled for ARM already) and header files.

3) There is an application included in the package.

I could probably manually copy the file over to rootfs (and the spec file provides a means of doing this.) But I would be left with environment  variables

that are not set on the target. How could I pre-set those environment variables?

Other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Details below:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The installation notes require these steps which don't involve LTIB or crosscompiling  (first basically untar the package on the target):

1. Change to the directory which contains this INSTALL file, e.g.:

cd ~/pylon-4.0.0-x86

2. Extract the corresponding SDK into /opt

sudo tar -C /opt -xzf pylonSDK*.tar.gz

3. Install udev-rules to set up permissions for basler USB cameras

./setup-usb.sh

4. Unplug and replug all USB cameras to get the udev rules applied.

5. Execute /opt/pylon4/bin/PylonViewerApp to test your cameras.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next, set up environment variables (presumably before running the application.):

Setting up environment variables:

export PYLON_ROOT=/opt/pylon4

export GENICAM_ROOT_V2_3=${PYLON_ROOT}/genicam

mkdir -p $HOME/genicam_xml_cache

export GENICAM_CACHE_V2_3=$HOME/genicam_xml_cache

Example command for adding the library directories to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH

# (for Linux ARM)

${PYLON_ROOT}/lib

${GENICAM_ROOT_V2_3}/bin/Linux32_ARM

${GENICAM_ROOT_V2_3}/bin/Linux32_ARM/GenApi/Generic

variable for Linux ARM platforms:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${PYLON_ROOT}/lib:${GENICAM_ROOT_V2_3}/bin/Linux32_ARM:${GENICAM_ROOT_V2_3}/bin/Linux32_ARM/GenApi/Generic:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I would recommend looking for support from Basler as they provide the Pylon software and tools for it. Perhaps they already have support for newer tools like Yocto or even for LTIB although LTIB does require a makefile and other configuration files in order to be able to be added to LTIB.

0 Kudos

1990rahulreddy
Contributor IV

I am also looking for Basler Camera. Can you help to choose the right camera & how to interface it

0 Kudos