Installing the driver for KITPFPGMEVME results in error.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing the driver for KITPFPGMEVME results in error.

istvanbosznai
Contributor I

Hi,

I recently ordered a KITPFPGMEVME programmer for MMPF0100 PMIC. The quick start guide says to download the drivers from freescale's website, but the download section has only links for the gui.

Has anyone the link for the NI-VISA 5.1.2 Communication package? I tried to acquire it, but I had no luck. I foud NI-VISA 5.4.1 and 14.01, installed both (separately), but they both gave the same error when I tried to create a NI-VISA driver. The error says:

error02.png

The correct device is selected, as you can see:

error01.png

I'm using W7 x64.

Thank you!

István

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Istvan Bosznai,

First and just to make sure, I’m assuming that you are using the KITPFPGMEVME REV B (KITPFPGMEVME should have a sticker on the bottom with “REV B” on it), please correct me if I’m wrong.

An important notice is that you will not be able to work correctly with the GUI 4.0 until you have the KITPFPGMEVME connected to the target board, however, the programmer should be detected when connected.

Now, I would recommend you to download the latest revision of the KITPFGUI_4.1 (REV 4.1.0.6) from the following link and test with this revision of the GUI: http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=KITPFPGMEVME&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_...

With this version of the GUI (4…), the NI-VISA software is no longer needed, so you should not have this issue anymore.

You can find the Use Guide for this version of the GUI on the following link: http://cache.freescale.com/files/analog/doc/user_guide/KTPFSWUG4.pdf

And additionally the KITPFPGMEVME Rev B Programmer User Guide in the following link: http://cache.freescale.com/files/analog/doc/user_guide/KTPFPGHWUG.pdf

Have a great day,
Jose Reyes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sparkyee
Contributor I

Hi Jose,

I bought a KITPF0100EPEVBE board and I cannot get it to connect to

my computer via USB. I have read your other posts so I looked for a sticker

on the bottom of the board and could not find any rev number. I am getting the "object reference

not set to an instance of an object" error message. I am trying to use KITPF GUI 4.1. Do I

need to go back to NI software drivers or do I have to purchase a newer board?

Thanks!

Larry M.

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Larry,

KITPF0100EPEVBE evaluation board does not include the sticker, only the KITPFPGMEVME programmer board. So this case is different from the mentioned above.

With this version of the GUI (4…), the NI-VISA software is no longer needed, so no, you should not go back to NI software drivers, KITPFGUI 4.1 works off the HID driver (Windows HID driver) and due to the kind of error you are getting, this seems like  you have missed windows updates/drivers on your computer. My first recommendation would be to update all your windows drivers and check if this solve the problem.

Have a great day,
Jose

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

sparkyee
Contributor I

Hi Jose,

I still had USB connection problems with my board so I purchased

a new KITPF0100EPEVBE Rev D and it works fine. I have now establish

the configuration I need and want to use connector J36 on it to connect to a KITPF0100SKTEVBE

socket, via 8 wire cable to program multiple parts of my configuration. Can this be done directly (no KITPFPGMEVME

module) from KITPF0100EPEVBE evaluation board and GUI? Page 22 of the KTPF0100UG Rev 5.0 states it can? I would

like to leave the U1 IC on the KITPF0100EPEVBE blank and only program the parts on the

external socket board. The "program" button on the GUI is grayed out and the "enable VPGM

checkbox is missing entirely. Is there a procedure to do what I am trying? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks again!

Larry

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Larry,

We just confirmed with our GUI designer as below:

“This feature will not work. The EVB hardware will not allow the I2C bus to be isolated from the PMIC, and the EVB firmware doesn’t support the function. Use the PF-Programmer.”

Have a great day,
Jose

0 Kudos

sparkyee
Contributor I

Hi Jose,

Actually the evaluation  board does have the ability to isolate the onboard

PMIC chip I2C lines by removing the 2 jumpers on J45. The problem remains that the GUI

does not enable the programming voltage or button. It would be a nice feature

in the future to be able to develop and program all on one platform by updating the GUI. Thanks,

I just bought a programmer pod.

Larry

0 Kudos