cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Sensory TrulyHandsfree SDK and license i.MX8M

cesar_hernande1
Contributor II

Hi All,

I have build Alexa SDK (AVS) and  installed the image for i.MX8M evk board (with Yocto Morty, Kernel 4.9) based on this document: Build Alexa SDK (AVS) image for i.MX8M EVK board (with Yocto Morty, Kernel4.9) 

The issue I am having is installing the SDK and license for the Sensory TrulyHandsfree on this image. In the section of the document to Install Alexa SDK it reads this message:

If you select YES, then your image will contain the AVS SDK ready to use (after authentication). Note this AVS_SDK will not have WakeWord detection support, but it can be added on runtime.

If your selection was NO, then you can always manually fetch and build the AVS_SDK on runtime. All the packages dependencies will be already there, so only fetching the AVS_SDK source code and building it is required.

I have the Sensory TrulyHandsfree SDK ready on hand and license ready to license but have no idea how to add WakeWord detection on runtime.

My question is if someone has any idea on how to install the Sensory TrulyHandsfree SDK and license on runtime so WakeWord detection will work for this image. Any help is appreciated.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Unfortunately, the sensory wake word is not currently supported in the i.MX8MQ. This because, the sensory libraries are not made for 64 bites cores, the sensory libraries are made for 32 bites cores and the i.MX8MQ has a 64 bites core. I apologize for the inconveniences this could give you.  

Best Regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

cesar_hernande1
Contributor II
0 Kudos

cesar_hernande1
Contributor II

Hi Diego,

The Cortex-A53 overview states that it is 32b and 64b. This should be backward compatible with 32b applications as well right.

0 Kudos