cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing the iMX6 ARM cores max scaling frequency to 1.2GHz

pavandivakar
Contributor I

Hello,

I have the iMX6 board - MCIMX6Q-SDP where I am trying to get an application up and running. I checked the current ARM cores max scaling frequencies and they have been set to 996000Hz. Since I plan to run some ARM intensive operations in my application, I wanted to change the max scaling frequency to 1200000. However I am not able to change the values in the /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq. The operation "echo 1200000 > scaling_max_freq does not change the parameter value. Can anyone please let me know if this can be changed?

Freescale BSP version running on iMX6 board: android_jb4.3_1.1.0-ga_source.tar.gz

Regards,

Pavan D

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Pavan,

Please take a look at chapter 18 of the linux reference manual (attached) with all the commands to check current freq scaling and changing it.

Have a great day,
Sergio

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

pavandivakar
Contributor I

Hi Sergio,

Thanks for replying. I did check the document which talks about changing the frequency to values lower than 996000 MHz. I need to clock it to 1.2GHz to run my application. Is there no way for me to clock the board to 1.2GHz? Is 996MHz the max clock freq that I can set to?

Regards,

Pavan D

0 Kudos