Increase number of Wayland EGL clients?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase number of Wayland EGL clients?

stephenminutill
Contributor II

In Linux BSP 4.0.0 on i.MX6Q, I am only able to run 11 instances of the simple-egl Wayland client under Weston.  When I try to run the 12th, I get these messages:

simple-egl: simple-egl.c:132: init_egl: Assertion `display->egl.dpy' failed.

Aborted

[16:19:20.689] libwayland: disconnect from client 0x4be48

What the cause of this limitation?  How can I increase the number of clients that I can run?  I am seeing a similar limitation in my own compositor implementation.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

PrabhuSundarara
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I assume you are trying to open Simple-egl application more than 11 times. Number of OpenGL or OpenVG applications can run simultanously depends on how much GPU memory being allocated. Please try simple-shm or flower as many as possible. If the same error persists keep posted.

-Prabhu

stephenminutill
Contributor II

Yes, I can run many more instances of flower, but I believe that client is not EGL based.  So do I need to allocate more memory for the GPU?  How do I do this?

0 Kudos

stephenminutill
Contributor II

OK, I increased the 'reserved_mem_size' for the GPU from 128M to 256M in board-mx6q_sabresd.c.  Now I can run about 24 simple-egl clients.  I am surprised how much memory is being used per client though!  Is there any way to get some insight into the GPU memory allocation state, to see what is using the memory and how much?

0 Kudos