Imx6DL sabre AI CAN testing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imx6DL sabre AI CAN testing

arunswarnam
Contributor II

I have ported linux onto IMX6Sabre Dual lite AI board. I wanted to test the CAN peripheral .As given in the linux reference manual I made the CAN0 link up using

"ip link set can0 up type can bitrate 500000"

Then i tried which ip , ifconfig .Everything worked fine

Then tried to send a CAN message using cansend can0 500#1E.10.10 .

But nothing is received on the other side (I have an arduino with a CAN shield operating at 500Kbps whose CAN L and CAN H  are connected to the imx6 base board CAN1 connector).

Any suggestions on how to make this work ?

Tags (3)
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Arun

one can test can functionality with imx-test package (can test),

refer to attached doc from it.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

arunswarnam
Contributor II

Thanks for the rreply igorpadykov. But when I try to set my can1 up (ip link set can1 up type can bitrate 125000) . It says "Cannot find device "can1" ".

I understand I ll have to set something as a boot parameter but I don't know what to do and how to do .Can u please help me with this ?

0 Kudos

yifangguo-b4310
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Your uboot  args which send to kernel .

Please refer to : bootargs_mmc=setenv bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootwait ip=dhcp can0

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

suggest to check linux configuration with i.MX_6Solo6DualLite_Linux_Reference_Manual.pdf

document sect.33.1.4 Linux Menu Configuration Options from Doc package L3.0.35_4.1.0_LINUX_DOCS

also please use BSP from Sabre - AI product page

SABRE|Automotive-Infotainment|i.MX6|Freescale !

L3.0.35_4.1.0_ER_SOURCE_BSP

0 Kudos