Imx6 duallite MFG suspend at donwloading uboot.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imx6 duallite MFG suspend at donwloading uboot.

wenmingfeng
Contributor III

Hello,

we are working on customized the imx6 duallite reference board sabresd, hw the same with sabresd, but when we used the MFT tools downloading image it always stop at download uboot, the uboot download 30% then suspend. That means we can not control the booting procedures about the CPU and no ddr calibration or stress test can we perform. we want to use JTAG to debug, what kind of JTAG and its software shall we use, any comments are welcome.

Thanks!

Wf.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi wenming

please run ddr test

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-105652 

and rebuild uboot with and new calibration coefficients updated in uboot/../mx6sabresd/*.cfg file

Then rebuild and replace MFG Tools firmware (files in OS Firmware/firmware) using description in

attached Yocto Guide sect.6.2 Manufacturing Tool, MFGTool

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

wenmingfeng
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your response. We can using jlink with opeOCD to connect the customer board refer to imx6dlsbresd board.

But when I trying to use the JTAG mode to do DDR testing, I try load_image ddr-test-uboot-jtag-mx6dl.elf 0x00900000, which is the internal ram, I got JTAG-DP STICKY ERROR

MEM_AP_CSW 0x428000e2,MEM_AP_TAR 0x021b001c 

Failed to write memory at 0x021b001c

BTW the internal ram is 128K but the .elf is 249K, it has not enough space, can I download it to SD card through JTAG?

Best regards!

Wenming

0 Kudos

wenmingfeng
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

One question, After I reset halt the cpu, I can download the load_image ddr-test-uboot-jtag-mx6dl.elf, but only 71828 buytes write at address 0x00907000, then I step and resume, but on the uart there is no print about the uboot information, what is wrong with my steps?

Thanks!

Wenming 

0 Kudos