cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import pin features into i.MX Pin Tool

lategoodbye
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

i want to create a new DTS file for a custom i.MX6 ULL board and use the i.MX6 ULL EVK as a template. Unfortunately the "new board" function for the i.MX6 ULL EVK generate only default values for the pin features / configuration.

Is it possible to import the same pin configuration of the NXP BSP i.MX6 ULL EVK DTS into the pin tool?

I mean is there a proper mex file available for the i.MX6 ULL EVK 14x14?

Best regards

Stefan

Edit: Version Pin Tool 3.0

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Stefan Wahren,

I’m trying to find if the desired .mex file exists. I’ll let you know if I find it.

An alternative here would be using the dts from the i.MX6ULL EVK BSP Release and add this information manually to the device tree of your application.

Regards,

0 Kudos

lategoodbye
Senior Contributor I

Using the configuration from the device tree source is an option for doing something once, but this renders Pins tool useless in this case.

0 Kudos

PetrZeman
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stefan, unfortunately so far there're no other .mex files for EVK board on 6ULL neither distributed with i.MX Pins tool data nor within BSP package for that device. I'm really sorry that the 6ULL EVK board support does not exactly covered by existing configuration within i.MX Pins tool, but I will try to help you in this case ... I can take a look on this particular board configuration and modify what we have provided in the i.MX Pins tool data for it to match BSP package configuration. 

Just please, if you can let me know which exact version of Linux kernel that BSP package is based on and what device tree file(s) you'd like to use as a starting point to configure the i.MX6 ULL EVK 14x14 board in your case, ideally send the concrete DTS file(s) to start with - then I will work on the .mex file which you could use and leverage within the Pins tool for the particular board.

I understand that the Pins tool is now not very helpful when user wants to start with device tree pin routing configuration from BSP package ... but going forward, we're working on identification of common points between current Pins tool board configuration strategy with .mex files and much more complex possibilities of the device tree configuration within BSP package for all i.MX devices as we need to improve the workflow and to help in user modification in case of i.MX Linux BSP device tree configurations.

Best Regards,

Petr Zeman

Software Engineer for i.MX SW Configuration Tools

0 Kudos

lategoodbye
Senior Contributor I

Hi Petr,

thank you for your reply. The BSP i'm talking about is the official FSL BSP 4.1.15 in branch imx_4.1.15_2.0.0_ga with tag rel_imx_4.1.15_2.1.0_ga and here is a link the DTS file.

Please also take a look at the other issue, which also related:

Pins tool generate invalid imx6ull-board.dtsi

Thanks

Stefan

0 Kudos