Image output restriction of i.MX6SDL with L3.0.35_4.1.0.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image output restriction of i.MX6SDL with L3.0.35_4.1.0.

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

Our partner have some questions about i.MX6SDL IPU driver of Linux BSP (L3.0.35_4.1.0-ga).

To output a image with IPU driver, it seems work well only when the output position (x,y) and width, height (w,h) are multiple of 16.

Is this a restriction of IPU driver or hardware?

If the above restriction depends on image format (RGB888, YUV420, etc...), could you let me know the information also?

For your information, our partner is using YUV420(I420) now.

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

Labels (4)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The restriction of multiples of 16 is a combination of design restrictions and different format restrictions.

For very specific formats, perhaps the restriction could be less.

The limitation in the BSP is of multiples of 16

The existing stripe algorithm used for the image resizing is limited to ~2000 x ~2000 pixels –> for the input frame.

Regarding the resize limitation of multiples of 16 (it it’s still relevant),

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The restriction of multiples of 16 is a combination of design restrictions and different format restrictions.

For very specific formats, perhaps the restriction could be less.

The limitation in the BSP is of multiples of 16

The existing stripe algorithm used for the image resizing is limited to ~2000 x ~2000 pixels –> for the input frame.

Regarding the resize limitation of multiples of 16 (it it’s still relevant),

Have a great day,
Jaime

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos