cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify i.MX6 ULL variants via software

Jump to solution
lategoodbye
Senior Contributor I

According to the i.MX6 ULL Application Processor Data Sheet (chapter Ordering information) there are several variants of this processor available. Those could be identified by a part differentiator.

So my question, is there some kind of register to identify those variants via software?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
evgenyboger
Contributor II

Turns out, manufacturer bootloader already does the job for you by identifying fused out peripherals and disabling them in Linux devicetree.

Here are the related parts of source code:

uboot-imx.git - Freescale i.MX u-boot Tree 

For some weird reason NXP won't openly share the OTP capability fuse table though it's available in the u-boot source cited above. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

try to find the chapter 57.4.11 Chip Silicon Version (USB_ANALOG_DIGPROG) of imx6ull Reference Manual

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/IMX6ULLRM.pdf 

0 Kudos
lategoodbye
Senior Contributor I

Hi Joan,

i don't need chip silicon version (Part A in part number nomenclature), but the part differentator (Part @) in order to know:

How many PWM/CAN/UART/SPI/... interfaces are supported?

Thanks

Stefan

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

for the interface, you need to refer to the data sheet, different imx6ull chip should have different interface.

0 Kudos
lategoodbye
Senior Contributor I

Hi Joan,

you didn't get my intension. For example i want to write a production program which identifies the capabilities of the running processor. I guess these information are hidden in the OTP register.

Stefan

0 Kudos
evgenyboger
Contributor II

Turns out, manufacturer bootloader already does the job for you by identifying fused out peripherals and disabling them in Linux devicetree.

Here are the related parts of source code:

For some weird reason NXP won't openly share the OTP capability fuse table though it's available in the u-boot source cited above. 

0 Kudos