Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IVT mismatch on i.MX 8MM EVK

Jump to solution
kanimozhi_t
Contributor V

Hi,

We've recently built Gatesgarth BSP for i.MX 8MM EVK. We can able to build the Yocto Linux image successfully.

However when we try to sign the bootloader we found that the u-boot header is mismatching between gatesgarth and Zeus (or Warrior for that matter).

The "Reserved 1" in IVT usually point the secondary loader's (SPL) header offset (load address) but in Gatesgarth it is 0.

So I'll summarise my questions as follows:

1. Is it intentional to return 0 on reserved 1 field instead of SPL load address?

2. Can we change the header data while building the u-boot? If so, how?

Feel free to revert for more details. Thanks in advance and any response would be highly appreciable.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kanimozhi_t
Contributor V

I'm answering my own question here, for the future readers:

1. Is it intentional to return 0 on reserved 1 field instead of SPL load address?

Yes, the reserved fields on U-Boot IVT are supposed to be 0. Refer AN4581 or this patch note

Yes, we can change the IVT while building the FIT image and it does not affect the FIT image structure. For updating the IVT, change the relevant fields on mkimage_imx8.c

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kanimozhi_t
Contributor V

I'm answering my own question here, for the future readers:

Yes, the reserved fields on U-Boot IVT are supposed to be 0. Refer AN4581 or this patch note

Yes, we can change the IVT while building the FIT image and it does not affect the FIT image structure. For updating the IVT, change the relevant fields on mkimage_imx8.c

0 Kudos