cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISP working in i.MX8M Plus

kunal_003
Contributor III

Hi NXP Team,

We came across ISP in i.MX8MPlus, which is used in conjunction with camera. We found the device tree node of the same. However, can anyone help on how to use ISP, when to use and flow of ISP?

Thanks in advance !

Regards,

Kunal

0 Kudos
26 Replies

malik_cisse
Contributor II

Hi Joanxie,

isp-imx-4.2.2.6.0.bin seems indeed to contain all kernel + user space resources needed for ISP.

I would like to buy an EVK + Camera to demonstrate exactly this. What EVK+Camera should I use. I would like to start my own ISP development from a working system.

The Basler BCON cam (official cam of the NXP imx8mp evk) is not using isp-imx-4.2.2.6.0.bin because Basler uses their own user space software (Pylon).

Thank you

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos

kunal_003
Contributor III

Hi @joanxie,

Thank you for your response.

Where would I find the document of the bin/source file you shared? Also, where in yocto this source code will be?

We are planning to use Sony IMX219 camera sensor which is RAW sensor. Can you please help what changes are required to use ISP with some example?

Regards,

Kunal

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

this is internal material, I couldn't share here(public community), but I copy the steps here

•Sample code to port new camera Module.

https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/isp-vvcam/

0 Kudos

kunal_003
Contributor III

Hi @joanxie,

I saw the link(isp-vvacm) provided by you, however I still have below query/confusion. Please help me in this case:

1. From what I understand we need to compile this and install the module by running "insmod.sh". So, it will add userspace support for using ISP. Is this understanding correct?
  2. I saw this camera sensors directory, so for SONY IMX219 we need to add support for using ISP?
  3. Can we use ISP only by enabling in device tree?
  4. Any example pipleline or utility to use streaming via ISP?
  5. I am still with many confusions on what exactly needs to be done in order to use ISP. Any documentation/guidance/explanation will be helpful.

Regards,

Kunal

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

current bsp doesn't support SONY IMX219  directly, you need porting by yourself, current bsp includes ISP source code directly, you can find them under path after you building the bsp

"imx-yocto-bsp/build-xwayland/tmp/work/imx8mpevk-poky-linux/kernel-module-isp-vvcam/4.2.2.6.1-r0/git/vvcam"

you also can find the source code from:

"https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/isp-vvcam/tree/vvcam?h=imx_5.4.70_2.3.0"