Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISO/IEC 7816 UART support on MIMX8MN6DVTJZ

Jump to solution
naoufalmed
Contributor I

Dear NXP Community Forum!

We are currently developing a product around the i.MX 8M Nano processor MIMX8MN6DVTJZ. We need to include a Smart Card reader in the design, and we want to use the MIMX8MN6DVTJZ as much as possible - i.e. using as few additional components as possible.Therefore, we would be very thankful, if someone could tell us:

1.    Does the MIMX8MN6DVTJZ support ISO/IEC 7816 UART? (We couldn’t find anything about it in the documentation, and we would like to be sure.)

2.    If not, do you have any design suggestions that would satisfy our initial statement? (I.e. use the fewest possible additional components for running a Smart Card reader.)

Thank you in advance!

The mediathand development team.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The i.MX8MNano processor has no special support for the ISO/IEC 7816 interface. The possible solution is to use a regular UART (connecting the TX and RX pins together) and an external Smart Card PHY IC, such as the following ones:

https://www.nxp.com/products/security-and-authentication/contact-readers:MC_42001#/

Some non-standard baud rates may be required, so, you have to adjust the UART baudrate clock appropriately within the i.MX8MNano processor.

Best Regards,
Artur

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The i.MX8MNano processor has no special support for the ISO/IEC 7816 interface. The possible solution is to use a regular UART (connecting the TX and RX pins together) and an external Smart Card PHY IC, such as the following ones:

https://www.nxp.com/products/security-and-authentication/contact-readers:MC_42001#/

Some non-standard baud rates may be required, so, you have to adjust the UART baudrate clock appropriately within the i.MX8MNano processor.

Best Regards,
Artur

0 Kudos
naoufalmed
Contributor I
Thank you very much!
0 Kudos