cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISL79987 De-INTERLACE WITH i.MX8MP COLOR ISSUE

Wobaffet
Senior Contributor I

Hello @joanxie 

We've used patches for the de-interlace for the i.MX8MP with the ISL79987. Colors do not seem to be nice as can be seen in the image, is this normal for this decoder? Also, odd and even lines are very visible when streaming. Do you have any solution for this? Lines and colors are the same even if we don't use the de-interlace patches. Also, register values for the decoder are attached when streaming. Are they okay? what should we need to change? Could you please check and advise? FYI we are on the 5.15 release for the kernel.

There is a note on this post for IMX8QXP that colors are not displayed well with the weaving mode, could that be the case? 

Note:

1. For weaving mode de-interlace, when the ISI is doing de-interlace, it can't do CSC at the same time, so preview will get color issue, because the real output video is always YUYV format.

shared image.jpeg

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Could be the case if you are working with different kernel, in latest one the interlace must work much better try it.

Regards

0 Kudos

Wobaffet
Senior Contributor I

Hello @Bio_TICFSL ,

Lines are still visible even without the de-interlace patches when the image is half and half like two image 720*240 instead of one 720*480 while streaming.

What could be the reason for this issue?

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards.

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

Is the pixel clock, check your EVK, what is the resolution that appears and pixel clock.

Regards

0 Kudos