IPU_DI1_PIN01-17 vs IPU_DISP1_DATA00-23 how used?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPU_DI1_PIN01-17 vs IPU_DISP1_DATA00-23 how used?

Jump to solution
adrianthewlis
Contributor III

I have a board with an RGB LCD connected to the pins corresponding to IPU1_DISP1_DATA00-23 and was using the SDK sample to code to get the display working. As I was going through I noticed these two different sets of pins.

What is the difference between the DISPn_DATAxx pins and the DIn_PINxx pins? Are they both utilized by the DI module in IPU, and how the two mechanisms chosen between?

Other than mentioning them as external pins to the IPU, I couldn't find any other reference to the DISPn_DATAxx pins.

Adrian

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Adrian

DIn_PINxx pins are used for waveforms generators (producing sync signals)

and described in Table 68. Video Signal Cross-Reference i.MX6DQ Datasheet (rev.4, 7/2015)

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/data_sheet/IMX6DQCEC.pdf

examples of programming:

Re: i.MX53: How to move VGA external HSYNC and VSYNC signals to different pins?

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Adrian

DIn_PINxx pins are used for waveforms generators (producing sync signals)

and described in Table 68. Video Signal Cross-Reference i.MX6DQ Datasheet (rev.4, 7/2015)

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/data_sheet/IMX6DQCEC.pdf

examples of programming:

Re: i.MX53: How to move VGA external HSYNC and VSYNC signals to different pins?

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

adrianthewlis
Contributor III

Thanks, that helped my understanding. Thanks also for the link, that's a helpful document I had missed.

0 Kudos
adrianthewlis
Contributor III

Looked at another question and got some of the answer I need... so the DIn_PINxx pins are the control lines, and the DISPn_DATAxx pins are the data lines!

Now am I right in assuming that DISP0 pins are connected to DI0 and DISP1 pins are connected to DI1?

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

yes, right.

0 Kudos