cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOMUXC clock enable bits in the CCGR4 and CCGR2 registers

nathanholder
Contributor I

Hi,

I am looking for info about IOMUXC clock enable bits in the CCGR4 and CCGR2 registers, the fields are listed in the iMX6 UL Reference manual but are not defined.

Looking for descriptions of iomuxc_gpr_clk_enable, iomuxc_clk_enable, iomux_ipt_clk_io clock.

I cannot find the descriptions of these fields in the imx6 reference manual anyone know where to find the info?

I am using the IMX6ULRM NXP iMX6 Reference Manual

Document Number: IMX6ULRM
Rev. 1, 04/2016

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nathan

for description of for CCGR2[CG7]  IOMUX_IPT_CLK_IO_ENABLE

and other enable bits one can look at Table 18-3. System Clocks, Gating, and Override p.616
Table 30-1. IOMUXC Clocks i.MX6UL Reference Manual

http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/IMX6ULRM.pdf

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

nathanholder
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

There are 2 bits for each field, are there 4 values that can be assigned? The individual bits are not defined. What are the bits? Are they the same?

Table 18-3. System Clocks, Gating, and Override (continued)

Module                Module Clock     Clock Root                           Module Clock Gating Enable

IOMUXC               IPT_CLK_IO         LCDIF_PIX_CLK_ROOT    CCGR2[CG7] (IOMUX_IPT_CLK_IO_ENABLE)

IOMUXC               IPG_CLK_S          IPG_CLK_ROOT                 CCGR4[CG1] (IOMUXC_CLK_ENABLE)

IOMUXC               IPG_CLK_S          IPG_CLK_ROOT                 CCGR4[CG2] (IOMUXC_GPR_CLK_ENABLE)

18.6.25 CCM Clock Gating Register 2 (CCM_CCGR2)

The figure below represents the CCM Clock Gating Register 2 (CCM_CCGR2). The clock gating registers define the clock gating for power reduction of each clock (CG(i) bits). There are 8 CGR registers. The number of registers required is determined by the number of peripherals in the system.

Address: 20C_4000h base + 70h offset = 20C_4070h

BITS 15–14          CG7        iomux_ipt_clk_io clock (iomux_ipt_clk_io_enable)

18.6.27 CCM Clock Gating Register 4 (CCM_CCGR4)

The figure below represents the CCM Clock Gating Register 4 (CCM_CCGR4). The clock gating Registers define the clock gating for power reduction of each clock (CG(i) bits). There are 8 CGR registers. The number of registers required is determined by the number of peripherals in the system.

Address: 20C_4000h base + 78h offset = 20C_4078h                       ....

BITS 5–4               CG2        iomuxc gpr clock (iomuxc_gpr_clk_enable)

BITS 3–2               CG1        iomuxc clock (iomuxc_clk_enable)

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nathan

for these 2 bits please refer to description in sect.18.6.23 CCM Clock Gating Register0
(CCM_CCGR0) i.MX6UL Reference Manual
http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/IMX6ULRM.pdf

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

nathanholder
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

I missed that, thanks for the info!

-Nate

0 Kudos