Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOMUX Tool issue question

Jump to solution
ivankozic
Contributor IV

Hi all,

We are using iWave Q7 board with i.mx6 quad and we are reassigning some pins. As we have no default XML file to look up to, we have to do the complete process again. I have noticed that the MIPI-CSI pins are greyed out and NOT checked and was wondering why is this?
I know that these differential pins do not have muxing options, but should they not be greyed out and checked then?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
PradapRaj
Contributor III

Hi Ivan,

IOMUX tool is mainly used for CPU pin's IOMUX functionality assignment and to generate corresponding IOMUX configuration code. Since MIPI CSI pins doesn't need any IOMUX configuration, IOMUX tool don't include this. The same applies to MIPI DSI,PCIe,SATA,HDMI,USB PHY etc.

Regards,

Pradap

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PradapRaj
Contributor III

Hi Ivan,

IOMUX tool is mainly used for CPU pin's IOMUX functionality assignment and to generate corresponding IOMUX configuration code. Since MIPI CSI pins doesn't need any IOMUX configuration, IOMUX tool don't include this. The same applies to MIPI DSI,PCIe,SATA,HDMI,USB PHY etc.

Regards,

Pradap

0 Kudos
MichaelV
Senior Contributor II

It would be great if IOMux would allow selection of non-muxable pins so we can create an IOMux design file that shows all pins used in a hardware design. IOMux files are very handy to SW developers as a reference tool and to quickly check if drivers/kernel are setup correctly. Omitting signals does not help!