Jump to solution
billchadwick
Contributor III

I hav a MIMXRT1064 EVK board

I have MCUXpresso 11.3.1

I have 1064 SDK 2.9.2

Pins configuration tool won't open for imported SDK example projects

It just says

'Propcessor 'MIMXRT1064xxxA' is not supported or data for processor not available (check internet connection)Open configuration failed due to unknown reason.

Please advice how to make this work. 

Very poor that stuff like this does not work out of the box.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
billchadwick
Contributor III

OK so now I have installed our proxy's certificate chain to the cacerts store at C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.3.1_5262\ide\jre\lib\security using keytool

The Pins tool is working!

Thanks again for pointing me at the log file.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
billchadwick
Contributor III

Thanks Victor,

I am indeed behind a corporate firewall. I have configured the Eclipse proxy settings for it and e.g. check for updates works OK. If the tools are using Java, am I able to configure the JRE they use? If not, can you please tell me which keystore on my PC Xpresso will use as I may need to add some certificates to it.

0 Kudos
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

I think that we are getting a little off-topic. In the past, we have seen this behavior with other customers. Please refer to the following community thread: 

configuration tool error - NXP Community

In this community thread, Libor, which is a developer of MCUXpresso, mentioned a couple of workarounds for when you are behind a proxy. 

Regards,
Victor 

0 Kudos
billchadwick
Contributor III

Thanks for that link with instructions for locating the log file.

I think that the problem is to do with the Thales UK coprorate proxy server using untrusted https certificates.

The normal solution for this with other tools (e.g. Android Studio) is to install the certificates to the tools. An alternative is to find the JRE that the tool is using and install the certificates to the keystore for that JRE using the java keytool. My log is as below.

!ENTRY com.nxp.swtools.kex.api.internal.MfactApiClient 4 0 2021-06-02 08:07:46.076
!MESSAGE [NETWORK] getProcessor - server not available or other error
!STACK 0
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:198)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(SSLSocketImpl.java:1967)
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Handshaker.java:331)
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Handshaker.java:325)
at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1688)
at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(ClientHandshaker.java:226)
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Handshaker.java:1082)
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Handshaker.java:1010)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:1079)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1388)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1416)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1400)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.afterConnect(HttpsClient.java:559)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.jav...)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1570)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1498)
at java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:480)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getResponseCode(HttpsURLConnectionImpl.java:352)
at com.nxp.swtools.kex.api.internal.HttpHelper.getHttpBinaryResponseWithRedirect(HttpHelper.java:151)
at com.nxp.swtools.kex.api.internal.HttpHelper.getHttpBinaryResponse(HttpHelper.java:94)
at com.nxp.swtools.kex.api.internal.HttpHelper.getHttpBinaryResponse(HttpHelper.java:187)
at com.nxp.swtools.kex.api.internal.HttpHelper.getHttpGetBinaryResponse(HttpHelper.java:200)
at com.nxp.swtools.kex.api.internal.HttpHelper.getHttpGetXmlResponse(HttpHelper.java:75)
at com.nxp.swtools.kex.api.internal.MfactApiClient.getProcessor(MfactApiClient.java:361)
at com.nxp.swtools.provider.processors.KExProcessorsProvider.listProcessor(KExProcessorsProvider.java:368)
at com.nxp.swtools.provider.processors.KExProcessorsProvider.getProcessorMasterToolInfo(KExProcessorsProvider.java:1335)
at com.nxp.swtools.provider.processors.KExProcessorsProvider.downloadOrUpdateProcessor(KExProcessorsProvider.java:613)
at com.nxp.swtools.provider.processors.KExProcessorsProvider.checkOrDownloadProcessor(KExProcessorsProvider.java:650)
at com.nxp.swtools.provider.processors.KExProcessorsProvider.checkOrDownloadCommonConfig(KExProcessorsProvider.java:882)
at com.nxp.swtools.utils.importer.PreparedImportStatus.preparePrjImport(PreparedImportStatus.java:156)
at com.nxp.swtools.sdkproject.ImportToolchainProjectFactory.lambda$1(ImportToolchainProjectFactory.java:166)
at java.util.LinkedHashMap$LinkedValues.forEach(LinkedHashMap.java:608)
at com.nxp.swtools.sdkproject.ImportToolchainProjectFactory.importSourcesFromProject(ImportToolchainProjectFactory.java:162)
at com.nxp.swtools.sdkproject.ImportToolchainProjectFactory.importToolchainProject(ImportToolchainProjectFactory.java:366)
at com.nxp.swtools.eclipse.handlers.OpenMexForProject.importToolchainConfigurationForProject(OpenMexForProject.java:129)
at com.nxp.swtools.eclipse.handlers.OpenMexForProject.lambda$1(OpenMexForProject.java:185)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)
Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doBuild(PKIXValidator.java:450)
at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.engineValidate(PKIXValidator.java:317)
at sun.security.validator.Validator.validate(Validator.java:262)
at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.validate(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:330)
at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:237)
at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:132)
at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1670)
... 32 more
Caused by: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
at sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.build(SunCertPathBuilder.java:141)
at sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.engineBuild(SunCertPathBuilder.java:126)
at java.security.cert.CertPathBuilder.build(CertPathBuilder.java:280)
at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doBuild(PKIXValidator.java:445)
... 38 more

0 Kudos
billchadwick
Contributor III

OK so now I have installed our proxy's certificate chain to the cacerts store at C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.3.1_5262\ide\jre\lib\security using keytool

The Pins tool is working!

Thanks again for pointing me at the log file.

0 Kudos
billchadwick
Contributor III

Is there an error log somewhere that I could check to see why this fault is happening on my setup?

0 Kudos
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

I made a couple of tests on my end, and I wasn't able to replicate the behavior that you mentioned. I confirmed that I'm using the same version of the SDK and the IDE as you. 

victorjimenez_0-1622045346396.png

victorjimenez_1-1622045358417.png

This error might be due to your internet connection. If you are connected to your workspace network, there might be the possibility where the firewall it's blocking this. Could you please try with a different network to see if this solves the behavior you are facing? 

Regards,
Victor 

0 Kudos