cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMXRT1064 Board Support Package Issue

Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

Hi Dear Authorized,

I have a critical issue for board support package process in IMXRT1064. I want to create workspace for my project but peripherals not working concurrently in same project when I add from SDK Management window. I have detaily explained the whole problem below link.

Your support team said : "you are right there is a problem here". Then I said: "Please release an update for issue". They still didn't give me any feedback or answer.

I just want you to release an official update for IMXRT1064 SDK. Please inform me about the topic. It is the critical part of our project development process.

Link:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT/IMXRT1064-including-ENET-to-newly-created-project/m-p/1481220

Thanks and Regards.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
To be honest, I'm a bit confused about the issue you mentioned in the link.
In my opinion, the issue1 seems to arise when you choose empty board files when creating a new project for RT1064,
next, regarding the issue2, can you illustrate the conflicts you encountered?
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

Hi Dear @jeremyzhou ,

Actually there is no confusion to arise. I just mentioned all things I have tried. There is no strict conflicts like error or warning in the project. It is a heuristic approach supported with empirical results on EVK Board. I have a project flow that I need to be use UART, GPT, ENET.

Here is what I do:

Firstly, I have created my workspace from scratch and implement it eight of the UART. I test it and project works correctly.

Secondly, I have added GPT module from SDK Management window. Then, UART and GPT are works concurrently in the same project succesfully.

Thirdly, I have added ENET module from SDK Management window. Then, I test my code and ENET is not working even I configure it like the default SDK example. Then I thought that there is an issue here related to SDK.

I am sure because I test all SDK examples for UART, GPT and ENET. I have done what I want to do. All of them works successfully in separate form (not merged in a scratch project). 

I just want to create a project that included UART, GPT, ENET that builded up from scratch (without SDK base example). Because there will be other needs in project like SPI, I2C and etc. in the future timeline. I want to be sure about everything works in stable form.

By the way, Dear @Pavel_Hernandez test the things that I mentioned and faced with same results.

Please help me about creating a project from scratch with UART, GPT, ENET configuration without SDK base example.

Thanks and Regards.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
According to your statement, you created a demo project that includes the UART, GPT drivers, meanwhile, they work well, now, you install the ENET driver too, however, it doesn't work well, is my understanding right?
If yes, I'd like to know whether you can describe the behavior of the error and does the UART, GPT and ENET work concurrently?
The SDK management just provides the driver, it still needs the developers to call its APIs to implement an application.
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

Hi Dear @jeremyzhou ,

Here is the clear view of my implementation:

GPT is working fine when it is alone in project.

UART is working fine when it is alone in project.

ENET is working fine when it is alone in project.

GPT and UART are working fine when they are in one project.

GPT, UART and ENET are not working fine when they are in one project builded from purely scratch.

The behavior that I face within my issue is they are not working concurrently. ENET handshaking process is not able to complete. Even the leds are not blinking on EVK when GPT, UART and ENET in the same project.

So, I think that there is a problem with SDK Driver. I need clear implementation of this process. Could you please inform your developer team to help me about the issue or anything that is possible ?

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) Could you please inform your developer team to help me about the issue or anything that is possible?
-- To be honest, it's hard to draw a conclusion that the issue ("GPT, UART, and ENET are not working concurrently") is related to the SDK management hasn't provided the complete driver, or SDK driver itself, even your application code by just according to current information.
So I'd like to know whether you can replicate the issue if integrating GPS, UART and NET SDK driver demos.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------o

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
As I mentioned before, the SDK management just provides the driver, it still needs the developers to organize these drivers to implement the target application, unless, you can prove that SDK management doesn't provide the complete or correct driver versus the demo in the SDK library.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------o

0 Kudos

Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

Hi Dear @jeremyzhou ,

I know it just provides driver and developer should organize these drivers to implement target application. But, the thing I want you to realize is "GPT, UART, and ENET are not working concurrently", even I organize the correct configurations. I can prove that with an example. Or you can check it by implementing GPT, UART and ENET in same project that is created from scratch. There is an issue or conflict on your side. I didn't catch it. Please help me about the issue.

By the way, other authorized (@Pavel_Hernandez) from NXP stated that I am right. There is an issue for not to be successfully work these peripherals.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Kudos