cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMXRT 1064-EVK - Stuck Initializing Wifi connection

Jump to solution
bshannon
Contributor III

I have the MXRT 1064-EVK, an IDX M.2 module, and SDK 2.8.2. I am running the evkmimxrt1064_wiced_iperf_4343W project. However, it always get stuck Initializing the wifi connection. Specifically, it gets stuck sending the SDIO command, CMD5 ( wwd_SDIO.c, wwd_result_t host_platform_sdio_enumerate( void ) ). Are there any recommendations on what I should do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
bshannon
Contributor III

I purchase a new uSD-M2 Adapter Kit and the Wifi example code works perfectly. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you. Before answering your question, I'd like to know what the part number of the WIFI module you used, in the future, I can't see your attachment, maybe you need to upload it again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
bshannon
Contributor III

The part number is EAR00318.

Below is the attachment that you could not see.

1DX_WIFI_INIT_ISSUE.PNG

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
Today, I run the evkmimxrt1064_wiced_iperf_4343W for testing (as below shows), it works well actually and I haven't encountered the Initialization issue.

WeChat Image_20200922174835.jpg
So I think this may be related to hardware, please check it again.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
bshannon
Contributor III

I checked my hardware configuration and I still faced the same issue. My NXP board and the 1DX module are both new.

bshannon_1-1600868760744.png

bshannon_2-1600868843053.png

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
After having a brief review of your testing board, I only find one difference versus to my board.
The jumper is installed on position 2-3 on J1 on my board, however, the jumper is installed on position 1-2 for yours.
Maybe you can give my configuration a try.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
bshannon
Contributor III

I tried changing my wiring configuration to match yours but I still have the same issue.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
It seems a bit weird, in my opinion, the issue is definitely related to the Wifi module. So did the Wifi module works before?
And do you have other Wifi modules? If yes, does it encounter the same Initialization issue?

TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
bshannon
Contributor III

I purchase a new uSD-M2 Adapter Kit and the Wifi example code works perfectly. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
bshannon
Contributor III

This wifi module has never worked. My coworker worked on the 1MW module but was unable to get it to work.

0 Kudos