IMX93x:Symptom When you run the nxpdemo and qt program, the screen blinks abnormally

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX93x:Symptom When you run the nxpdemo and qt program, the screen blinks abnormally

gongyaxuan
Contributor I

imx93x flashes when nxpdemo or qt is running on the link screen. The current kernel version is 6.1.55.
After testing, there is no abnormality when it is displayed normally, and it will appear when I click the interface and the system responds
What kind of problem may this be? The project is urgent at present, please help to have a look
thank you.

0 Kudos
10 Replies

gongyaxuan
Contributor I

gongyaxuan_0-1705889791772.jpeg

0 Kudos

brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gongyaxuan

Thank you for contacting NXP Support.

Could you please tell me your iMX93's silicon revision?

0 Kudos

gongyaxuan
Contributor I

How do I view iMX93's silicon revision?

At present, we confirm that we are using AA version of engineering sample, and we are planning to use AB version for testing later. We're not sure if that's what's causing it

0 Kudos

brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gongyaxuan

Based on the i.MX93 Datasheet (https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/IMX93IEC.pdf) page 7, you are using the silicon revision 1.0.
This silicon revision is unsupported by the BSP version you are trying to use, that is the reason that we can expect errors and low performance.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Have a great day!

0 Kudos

gongyaxuan
Contributor I

After we changed the cpu to AB version and upgraded the SDK to 6.1.55, we found that the nxpdemo still blinked black screen

0 Kudos

brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gongyaxuan

Could you please help me with more details about your display?
Are you using our EVK or a custom board?

Have a great day!

0 Kudos

gongyaxuan
Contributor I

We tested on a board that we made ourselves

0 Kudos

gongyaxuan
Contributor I

Use nxpdemo to test. If you click the same position on the screen for many times during the test, the screen will flash and black.
If you do not run nxpdemo or qt program, no exception occurs

It is difficult for me to judge this problem because of the above reasons, is a hardware problem or a kernel driver problem or a qt problem, I feel that qt is more likely

0 Kudos

brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gongyaxuan

Thank you for your reply.

It's difficult for us to test your issue since you are using a custom board and there could be problems with your hardware and your software.
I tested the NXP Demo on our EVK and is working correctly but, in your case, I think you can try checking with another Qt application to discard if there is a problem specifically with the Qt package and subpackages in your image build with The Yocto Project.

Have a great day!

0 Kudos

gongyaxuan
Contributor I

weston interface is always normal, but when running nxpdemo and our qt program, there will be a black screen flashing and other phenomena

0 Kudos