Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8QM virtual resource for FlexSPI

Jump to solution
terbshaeuser
Contributor I

Hello everyone,

we are trying to use the FlexSPI resource from the SCFW boot partition (in u-boot) as well as from the M4 core 0 (FreeRTOS).

After searching a little bit, I found this article: https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/System-Controller-Firmware-101-Resource-...
There you write, that resources can be shared through a virtual resource. However, I failed to find any example code how to archive this. I couldn't even find the referenced VIRT_I2C example in the Linux BSP.

Can you provide a link to a documentation or an example code snippet? Or maybe some other clue how we can archive our use case?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
nxf54947
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @terbshaeuser,

Please find  VIRT_I2C example at Code Aurora (this example is for L4.1498, but you can switch to another branch if needed). Also, you may also find relevant ecSPI examples within the  Cortex M4 SDK for the i.MX 8QM MEK; please download SDK at: SDK Builder.

Just in case that you need to review more SCFW documentation you may want to get it from our SCFW porting kit. Our website, Linux Releases,  allows you to download the specific SCFW porting kit for each BSP release.

Hope this helps!

Ruben

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
nxf54947
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @terbshaeuser,

Please find  VIRT_I2C example at Code Aurora (this example is for L4.1498, but you can switch to another branch if needed). Also, you may also find relevant ecSPI examples within the  Cortex M4 SDK for the i.MX 8QM MEK; please download SDK at: SDK Builder.

Just in case that you need to review more SCFW documentation you may want to get it from our SCFW porting kit. Our website, Linux Releases,  allows you to download the specific SCFW porting kit for each BSP release.

Hope this helps!

Ruben

0 Kudos
terbshaeuser
Contributor I

Thank you! We'll have a look into it.

0 Kudos