cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8QM SPI MISO line not working

jens0501
Contributor II

Hello,

I am currently trying to interface the imx8 (using a dev board from variscite) with an ADC via SPI. On the imx I am using one of the cortex M4 cores to handle the spi communication. I have checked with the oscilloscope and the CS, SCK and MOSI lines are behaving as expected.

The MISO line however is behaving weird. When I measure the MISO line when it's not connected to the imx, I am receiving the data that I expect, but when the MISO line gets connected to the imx it produces incorrect data. When looking at the oscilloscope the MISO line appears to be floating somewhere between GND and 3.3V, but only when there are SCK pulses. Otherwise the line stays low.

The SPI module is not being shared with another core and the ADC is confirmed to be working. When simulating a signal on the MISO line with a signal generator everything works fine, so I'm starting to think that the ADC cannot drive the MISO pin of the imx.

Is there some kind of configuration or setting I can use on the MISO line to help with this problem?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Reply

mahdi_sh
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm facing a similar situation with MISO line of ecspi core. Have you managed to solve the problem?

0 Kudos