cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8MQ flash ubuntu (.img) using WIndows 10 issues

dariomontuori
Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to flash Ubuntu 18.04 on the eMMC of the IMX8MQ board using Windows 10 64bit. I've downloaded the files from here (technexion ftp server) and the tools from here (Technexion tools)

I've tried using the latest version of MFGTool UUU with no success. This tool can only flash successfully Yocto images (Ubuntu is a .img, yocto a .bz2).

I've seen that MFGTool2 can mount the eMMC of the IMX8 as a USB mass storage, then using Win32DiskImager or Etcher I can flash Ubuntu or any .img to the board. The issue is that MGFTool2 get stuck at "Loading U-Boot", with no errors what so ever to the MfgToolLibLog.txt or MfgTool.log. I've tried everything but the result it's the same.

How can I flash the .img of Ubuntu to the IMX8MQ?

Regards

MfgTool.log

DLL1 version: 2.8-g6217228
Thursday, October 29, 2020 11:43:58 Start new logging
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: CMyExceptionHandler thread is running
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: new MxHidDevice[0107A668]
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: Device Manager thread is running
ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: Can't set m_hStopEvent before it initialized or it already stop

ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: CmdOperation[0] device chagned and reset to state 0
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: CmdOperation[0], skip current command, so SetEvent(hDevCanDeleteEvent)
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: CmdOperation[0], skip current command, so SetEvent(hDevCanDeleteEvent)
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: ExecuteCommand--Boot[WndIndex:0], File is C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\pico-imx8m_mfgtool_20180911\mfgtools\Profiles\Linux\OS Firmware\firmware\flash_1234g.bin

0 Kudos
0 Replies