cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8MQ UUU download failure

先生孟
Contributor II

Dear FAE:

I have designed custom board of IMX8MQ CPU based on EVK board, anything is ok except for the UUU download

I changed the USB 3.0 port1 with the standard USB 3.0 Host  Type-A port instead of type-C of EVK board.

the USB 3.0 host port has SS1_TXP/N SS1_RXP/N and OTG1_DP /DM  

When the linux system is boot on, the USB 3.0 port 1 can be mount the standard USB 3.0 device such as Harddisk and so on.

Today, I want to download the kernel images from UUU mfgtool because we should use the android P9 for our application. unfortunatly, uuu download is failure. 

when I plug the USB A-to-A cable into the board port1 and PC , then launch uuu program, the flash.bin dtb and ramdisk can be download into the board ram by the uuu, but the program will be stop when kernel and ramdisk boot up, the console print: 

No udc available ! 

All the result images is following

pastedImage_1.png

Above image is from PC uuu command

pastedImage_3.png

This result is from linux console.

That mean USB can't be connect with PC and board

I configure the USB3 port1 as OTG and USB3 port2 as Host, the device tree is listed

pastedImage_4.png

my kernel config is listed

pastedImage_5.png

I changed the USB3 port1 as the USB higg-speed intead of superspeed

because I'm afraid my usb cable speed, but the program always exist!

So what can I do? Where could I chang ? 

Please give me some suggestion, thank you very much!

Tony

July 11,2019

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jiangyaqiang
Contributor IV

HI : 

Have you find the reason ? I also have the same problem. And the problem only on imx8mq not on imx8md.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tony

problem may be posted on dedicated uuu issues link

Issues · NXPmicro/mfgtools · GitHub 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos