IMX8MM in Yocto 5.15.52 rust-llvm_1.59.0.bb do_compile failed.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8MM in Yocto 5.15.52 rust-llvm_1.59.0.bb do_compile failed.

Jump to solution
charleshuang
Senior Contributor II

Hi NXP Team

ERROR: Task (virtual:native:/home/adv/adv-release-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/rust/rust-llvm_1.59.0.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code '1'

In file included from /home/adv/adv-release-bsp/build_5721/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/rust-llvm-native/1.59.0-r0/rustc-1.59.0-src/src/llvm-project/llvm/lib/Target/AArch64/AArch64ISelDAGToDAG.cpp:323:

/home/adv/adv-release-bsp/build_5721/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/rust-llvm-native/1.59.0-r0/build/lib/Target/AArch64/AArch64GenDAGISel.inc: In member function ‘void {anonymous}::AArch64DAGToDAGISel::SelectCode(llvm::SDNode*)’:

/home/adv/adv-release-bsp/build_5721/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/rust-llvm-native/1.59.0-r0/build/lib/Target/AArch64/AArch64GenDAGISel.inc:121066:5: error: ‘OPC_RecordChilD2’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘OPC_RecordChild2’?

charleshuang_0-1670913113948.png

Do you have any idea about to fixed the issue?  Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sanket_Parekh
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @charleshuang 

I hope you are doing well.

It seems you are using old version of rust-llvm. Please try with the latest version of rust-llvm.

Thanks & Regards

Sanket Parekh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
lkraak
Contributor I

Hey, bump

0 Kudos
charleshuang
Senior Contributor II

Hi NXP Team 

Sorry for late reply. We already find the solution.

0 Kudos
lkraak
Contributor I

bump

0 Kudos
yonguklee
Contributor I

i've got the same problem above

please, let me know how to update rust-llvm ??

0 Kudos
Ferromagnetic
Contributor II

I have the same problem with standard build for imx8qxpc0mek, is will be fixed on official repo?

0 Kudos
Sanket_Parekh
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @charleshuang 

I hope you are doing well.

It seems you are using old version of rust-llvm. Please try with the latest version of rust-llvm.

Thanks & Regards

Sanket Parekh

0 Kudos
charleshuang
Senior Contributor II
Hi Sanket_Parekh
How to do about update latest version of rust-llvm.
Please provide the solution, Thanks.
0 Kudos
Sanket_Parekh
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @charleshuang 

One can take the latest source of rust llvm from link. One can follow link to integrate new source in existing yocto repository.

Thanks & Regards

Sanket Parekh

0 Kudos
Sanket_Parekh
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @charleshuang 

Any updates from your side?

Thanks & Regards

Sanket Parekh

0 Kudos
Marco_Zaccheria
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @Sanket_Parekh,

sorry to jump in, looks like the customer is not doing any BSP customization, instead this issue appears by just following our standard instructions for the build. This means we have a problem on our distribution, and so we definitely have to fix it.

I actually see other similar issues filed, and I have yet another customer who encountered this issue by just building our standard BSP for the i.MX8MNano EVK. This means we shoud definitily file a bug to our SE team, if you don't mind I can do that, and point you to that case so that you can follow the progress.

Meanwhile, could you please provide here more detailed instructions on how to replace the failing package with a more up-to-date one that doesn't show this issue?

Thank you

Marco

0 Kudos
snoophogg
Contributor I

It would be great if someone could provide instructions on how to replace the package with the newer version.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Lisbravo
Contributor I

bump