cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8M UUU flashing kernel error

clement22
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm using the IMX8M mini evaluation kit.

I'm using the YOCTO BSP imx-4.14.98-2.0.0_ga and I'm able to build an image for the eMMC.

I'm trying to flash the eMMC (with UUU tool) using the script "example_kernel_emmc.uuu" (I found this script in the IMX8M eval kit prebuild image).

I edited the script to replace the kernel/dtb/rootfs file name with mine. The script is also expecting a initramfs file, which I don't have (YOCTO doesn't generate it) so I commented the line handling the initramfs.

The script start by loading the bootloader into the i.MX, then uboot start and download the kernel/dtb/rootfs and copy it in eMMC.

Unfortunately it doesn't work, I end up with an error during the flashing (right after the download of the image).

Here is the uboot log:

Wrong Ramdisk Image Format
Ramdisk image is corrupt or invalid

[ ... ]

## Loading ramdisk from FIT Image at 43000000 ...
Bad FIT ramdisk image format!

Do you know what is going wrong ?

NOTE: I attached the script "example_kernel_emmc.uuu" with some commentaries.

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Clement

initramfs is described in uuu documentation:

https://github.com/NXPmicro/mfgtools/releases/download/uuu_1.2.0/UUU.pdf 

for its generation one can try steps provided in sect.6.2 Manufacturing Tool, MFGTool

attached Yocto Guide.

Best regards

igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

clement22
Contributor II

Thank you for the documentation, I'm going to try it.

Is it possible to flash the kernel + roofs without generating the initramfs ? For example just flashing the kernel using the UUU SDP command ?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

one can look at uuu.auto

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos