cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8M IP accelerator functions

alex_froissard
Contributor I

Hello,

I try to activate the IP accelerator functions to compute the checksum of the IP header but on the reception this field is still equal to 0.

I set the register TACC to 0x8 (IPCHK field set) and I set the field IINS of the enhanced buffer descriptor.

The field Checksum of the IP header is initialize to 0.

Did I miss something to use this functionality? 

Best regards

Alexandre

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

alex_froissard
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

I look the information you send me by mail, and expect that I understand that I didn't need to use the register TACC because I use the enhanced Buffer descriptor, it didn't really help me with my problem.

Currently when I send a frame with a IP header with the checksum initialize to 0 and with the option IINS when I received the frame the checksum is still 0.

description of IINS option : Insert IP header checksum. This field is written by the user. If set, the MAC's IP accelerator calculates the IP header checksum and overwrites the corresponding header field with the calculated value. The checksum field must be cleared by the application generating the frame. The uDMA does not update this value. This
field is valid regardless of the L field and must be the same for all EBD for a given frame.

I understand that when the option if set to 1 the MAC compute the IP header checksum, send it but don't update the data in the Tx BD descriptor. But I expect the data received contain the checksum.

Am I wrong in the understanding of this functionality?

Best regards

Alexandre

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alexandre

what bsp used in the case, recommended to try ones from nxp

source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/linux-imx  repository:

linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

Linux documentation:

Embedded Linux for i.MX Applications Processors | NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

alex_froissard
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

I don't use bsp, I use the processor bare metal.

Best regards

Alexandre

Le lun. 6 juil. 2020 à 19:42, igorpadykov <admin@community.nxp.com> a

écrit :

NXP Community

<https://community.freescale.com/resources/statics/1000/35400-NXP-Community-Email-banner-600x75.jpg>

Re: IMX8M IP accelerator functions

reply from igorpadykov

<https://community.nxp.com/people/igorpadykov?et=watches.email.thread> in *i.MX

Processors* - View the full discussion

<https://community.nxp.com/message/1336562?commentID=1336562&et=watches.email.thread#comment-1336562>

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alexandre

baremetal is not supported, suggest to look at linux or uboot codes:

fec_mxc.c\net\drivers - uboot-imx - i.MX U-Boot 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

alex_froissard
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

In the example that you give the register TACC is not used, the address of this register is reserved and the buffer descriptor are used in legacy and not in enhanced, so I don't think the accelerator function are used. 

Best regards

Alexandre

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alexandre

I sent additional details via mail.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos