cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8M Dual Gstreamer Playback on LVDS & HDMI

ottob
Contributor IV

Hello There !

I have an application where I need to run a gstreamer pipeline on the LVDS (LCD) and another pipeline on the HDMI output. 

To play on the LCD I can run 

gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! kmssink can-scale=false force-modesetting=true connector-id=39

And to play in the HDMI I can run 

gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! kmssink can-scale=false force-modesetting=true connector-id=40

However, when trying to play both at the same time I get this error 

ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstKMSSink:kmssink0: GStreamer error: negotiation problem.

Then I tried using the waylandsink plugin and while it works on the LCD, I have not found a way to get it to also play on the HDMI (It shows the wayland Interface though). It seems the "device" property does not work or I'm not passing the correct values ('HDMI-A-1', from weston-info)

I also tried disabling wayland on the HDMI (/etc/xdg/weston/weston.ini) and but then I cant play anything on the HDMI, due to the fact that wayland/weston on the LCD is the DRM master from what I have gathered online. 

Then I tried playing directly to /dev/fb0, but that played the same video on both LCD & HDMI. (No fb1 available) 

So far it has been a uphill battle, so any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm using the xwayland build with 5.4.47 Kernel 

Thanks in advance, 

/Otto

0 Kudos
1 Reply

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I have tested this command with dual display successfully, you can try it

gplay-1.0 /unit_tests/test1.mp4 --video-sink="kmssink driver-name=imx-dcss" & gplay-1.0 /unit_tests/test2.mp4

0 Kudos