cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8 eMMC CMD timing

reickhoff
Contributor III

Using the IMX8SXL with HS400 @167MHz

- The table only calls out SDR50 for setup and hold is this valid for SDR104?
- Can you confirm that we are understanding our plots (below) correctly? the cursors should show a setup of ~ 4.68ns (pass) and a hold of ~1.12ns (fail). Everything has been working fine, and we are confident in our constraint routing from NXP.

reickhoff_4-1681133831340.png
reickhoff_3-1681133803387.png
We also got the clock, cmd, and strobe captured on one plot
BLUE=CLK   /   ORANGE=STROBE   /   YELLOW=CMD

reickhoff_5-1681133986049.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Alejandro_Salas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello!

The uSDHC Input Setup Time and uSDHC Input HoldTime for SDR50  and SDR104 should be the same for the IMX8DXL (I guess you are using it). Answering your question, yes, your understanding is the correct.

Best regards @reickhoff .

0 Kudos

reickhoff
Contributor III

The design is working though so, is there a violation? it doesn't make sense that the JEDEC standard calls out that they are edge aligned, but then the processor needs a setup and hold time.

Can you please help me understand this?

0 Kudos

Alejandro_Salas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello!

In datasheet the SDR104 mode the timing parameters are defined with the SCK as a reference. But the CMD must be referenced to STROBE, please check the figure 10.10.3 from JESD84-B51 and table 218 HS400 CMD RESPONSE TIMING.

Conclusion, please refer to the JESD84-B51 and not to datasheet because I believe in datasheet is a typo.

Best regards!

0 Kudos

reickhoff
Contributor III

To confirm, you are saying there is a datasheet typo and that our timing looks correct?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Alejandro_Salas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

That is correct, and your timings looks OK according to the JESD84-B51.

Best regards.

0 Kudos

reickhoff
Contributor III

So there is a violation? how is that possible if the data is coming back sync'd with the strobe and we have adhered to the routing constraints?

0 Kudos