IMX8 MIPI-DSI HDMI

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8 MIPI-DSI HDMI

dhty2015
Contributor II

I used the imx8mq custom board and replaced adv7535 with the lt9611 mipi-dsi-hdmi chip.Now when we encounter problems, the system has recognized the monitor and interpreted EDID, but there is no image display. I think mipi-dsi has no signal, but I don't know how to solve it. Please help to find out the problem or put forward Suggestions.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi dhty2015

one can try to replace "adv7535" entries with " lt9611" in dts file

fsl-imx8mq-evk.dts\freescale\dts\boot\arm64\arch - linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

then put " lt9611" driver in mxc\fbdev\video\drivers - linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

and debug it, if necessary.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dhty2015
Contributor II

Yes, I've done that now, the directory where the drivers are placed is kernel_imx\drivers\gpu\drm\bridge.The DTS file was modified from fsl-imx8mq-evk-dcss-adv7535.dtsi.But the effect is just like the one I attached.

0 Kudos

jieh朱
Contributor III

Hello, I am also debugging lt9611 recently to facilitate the drive and debugging method of lt9611 Thank you

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

you did not implement that, as in dts file it is necessary to remove "adv7535" entries

adv_bridge: adv7535@3d {
        compatible = "adi,adv7533";

and replace them with appropriate " lt9611" entries.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

dhty2015
Contributor II

I'm sure I added the lt9611 node on i2c2 and adv7535 has also been disabled.In mipi_dsi_bridge, lt9611_in has been bound instead of adv_7535_in.They are not mounted at all on the same i2c.

I saw the demo image using mipi-dsi, using vbmeta-imx8mq-mipi.img, what is the difference between it and vbmeta-imx8mq.img?I was wondering if there were not just changes to the DTS (which I added on top of the fsl-imx8mq-evk.dts), but other changes that needed to be made, such as those in vbmeta-imx8mq-mipi.img.

0 Kudos

MasterLu
Contributor II

I am facing the same problem,Have you solved this problem yet

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

suggest to obtain lt9611 datasheet and perform necessary initialization,

similar to adv7535_setup_cfg() in adv7535.c.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos