IMX8.M Will Not Flash Android-14.0.0_1.0.0_image_8mmevk

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8.M Will Not Flash Android-14.0.0_1.0.0_image_8mmevk

BigBadBooger
Contributor I

I have been working on bringing up my i.MX 8M mini LPDDR4 EVKB and have found immense difficulty in getting an image flashed onto the board. 

I downloaded the android-14.0.0_1.0.0_image_8mmevk tar, untamed it, and have been running

sudo ./uuu_imx_android_flash.sh -f imx8mm -a -e -u trusty-dual

Per the documents. I get an NXP Logo on my monitor, so it appears that something is flashing however, I keep getting errors on step 12. The error message I get is this:

0:1131 12/22 [Sparse file magic miss matched ] FB[-t 600000]: flash system_a system.img12164

I have no idea what I am doing wrong as I have followed the directions exactly per the getting started guide. I am getting past the initial flash because I couldn't get this far without the switches being in the right places. If someone could tell me what to even look at for debugging, that would be wonderful, as this product is quickly losing rank on this product my company is developing based on the impression we get of the tooling. 
0 Kudos
3 Replies

BigBadBooger
Contributor I

Interestingly enough, I was able to run this command and flash an image:

sudo ./uuu uuu.auto-imx8mmevk

I am not sure why I wouldn't be able to use the script to flash the android image though.

Does there happen to be an equivalent delivery for the android image that I could use?

0 Kudos

Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @BigBadBooger 

I have tested same image on i.MX8MM LPDDR4 EVK with same flash command, no such issue.

Can you try this command?

sudo ./uuu_imx_android_flash.sh -f imx8mm -a -e

0 Kudos

BigBadBooger
Contributor I

I have tried that command. I get the same error where it is reporting that Sparse file magic miss matched error. I am not sure what that error means. 

0 Kudos