cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8 EVK ETM trace signals coresight

SL4
Contributor I

Hello,

Has anyone hooked up a IMX8 EVK kit and configured coresight for instruction and data trace? I have found out it might be possible with the M eval kit and by using NAND signals SAI1 signals on the EXP connector but not sure if all signals are there. Seems not possible with the BB PLUS evk.

Thanks in advance

/s

0 Kudos
5 Replies

SL4
Contributor I

Hello @riteshmpatel and thanks for the reply.

I have solved it for the IMX8M-EVKB with a homebrew solution based on a mictor breakout connected to the 60 ways FFC expansion connector. However, I found no way of solving it on the IMX8-PLUS-BB since all the NAND signals are not exposed in the expansion connector.

Can you please explain to me how you can get all Coresight signals out (anywhere, but preferably where one can simply hook up some header) on that board?

Best regards

/s

0 Kudos

riteshmpatel
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @SL4,

For i.MX8MP, the Coresight Trace Interface is multiplexed on NAND Interface which had been assigned as SD3 and QSPIA on the EVK board, it cannot be connected for Trace debug then.

Instead of the parallel Trace Interface, the Coresight Interface can be connected in series mode with TDO/SWO in the 10 pins JTAG connector on the EVK board.

Thanks & Regards,
Ritesh M Patel

0 Kudos

SL4
Contributor I

Hello @riteshmpatel ,

Yes, that was my conclusion as well, too bad. We are planning to use the Quad+M7 so a working trace setup would be good.

I am little bit confused since I can see no solution of serial configuration of the trace signals in RM and the schematics? I you have an example (scripts or document references) that would be great.

BR

/s

0 Kudos

riteshmpatel
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @SL4,

One can refer to Section 3.1 Compiler/Debugger of Getting Started with MCUXpresso SDK for EVK-MIMX8MP and Section 5.1.3 Run an example application.

Thanks & Regards,
Ritesh M Patel

0 Kudos

riteshmpatel
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @SL4,

I hope you are doing well.

All the i.MX EVK boards can be debugged and traced with a JTAG simulator, such as TRACE32 from Lauterbach.

Thanks & Regards,
Ritesh M Patel

0 Kudos