IMX7DSABRESD EPD connector for touch panel

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX7DSABRESD EPD connector for touch panel

dennis3
Contributor V

On the imx7d dev board, there is an EPD connector J13 that has i2c, interrupt, which seems like I could customize the device tree to talk to touch panels with a common FT5x16 6 pin interface.  Seems overkill though to buy a 120 pin connector and use 6 of them.  Is there a better way to bring those signals in and customize them during development?

I thought of using the I2C pins connected to the LCD 50 pin connector but there doesn't seem to be any pin available I could use as the interrupt.  Anyone have a better way to solve this or is using J13 the best way to go?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dennis

seems you are right: spi signals on J14 connector (38..41) i.MX7D Sabre SD

can be configured as gpios and used as interrupt sources.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dennis3
Contributor V

Thanks for the follow up.  Can any GPIO be used as an interrupt or do I have to stick to the SPI pins?  I have other peripherals to add and configure as I start work on this so eventually I'll need to reuse quite a few of the pins in that connector although I don't yet know how many need interrupt abilities.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dennis

yes any GPIO can be used as an interrupt.

Best regards
igor