IMX6ULL fuses: Does 'burn' mean '1' or '0'?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6ULL fuses: Does 'burn' mean '1' or '0'?

Jump to solution
djregan
Contributor III

Hello, I have a few questions tied to IMX6ULLRM chapters 5 (covering Fusemap) and chapter 38 (covering On-Chip OTP Controller)...

1st question: Chapter 5 has an advisement that states... "Fuses marked 'Reserved' are reserved for Freescale internal (and future) use only. Customers should not attempt to burn these, as IC behavior may be unpredictable. The reserved fuses can be read as either '0' or '1'." So... my 1st question is... when writing to 0x450, 0x460, 0x470, 0x6D0 --- > does 'burn' mean avoid writing a '1'? ...or avoid writing '0'? ...to reserved bits?

2nd question: Chapter 38 has a statement... "In this document, the words 'eFuse' and 'OTP' are interchangeable. OCOTP refers to the hardware block itself.". So... thinking back to Chapter 5... does that mean that the absolute address of every fusemap address mentioned within Chapter 5 actually falls inside of the AIPS-2 memory map range allocated to the OCOTP_CTRL 16kB range beginning at 0x021B C000?

3rd question: 2nd question's answer, may or may not cover this question... but, what I'm really trying to understand is... what are the various IMX6ULL absolute addresses that can be used to reach the fusemap bits discussed in Chapter 5, specifically:

0x450[31:0]

0x460[31:0]

0x470[31:0]

0x6D0[31:0]

?

Thanks much in advance,

--DJ Regan

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi DJ Regan

'burn' mean avoid writing a '1', for programming fuses one can check

Q&A: How to program i.MX6 eFUSE? 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
djregan
Contributor III

Hi Igor...

Understood. We'll avoid burning '1's unless we are absolutely ready to commit a bit to a 1.

I'll mark this question answered sir. I'll probably open up the 2nd part of the above question to new thread. I'd still like to make sure I understand the addresses that folks can reach the BOOTCFG register bits.

Thanks Igor!

--DJ

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi DJ Regan

'burn' mean avoid writing a '1', for programming fuses one can check

Q&A: How to program i.MX6 eFUSE? 

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!