IMX6ULL + WM8960. Microphone isn't working.

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

IMX6ULL + WM8960. Microphone isn't working.

883 次查看
almaz1c
Contributor III

Hello.

Trying to get microphone and audio working using WM8960 codec based on ReSpeaker_2_Mics_Pi_HAT dev board with custom IMX6ULL board.

Here is schematic of ReSpeaker_2_Mics_Pi_HAT dev :

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

So there are WM8960 with Headphone jack and two microphones SA0-3729.

As MCLK pin of WM8960 clocked from separate 24MHz quartz and DACLRC shorted with ADCLRC the following wiring with IMX6ULL implemented:

|-----------------------|-------------------------------------|-------------------------------|

| IMX6ULL GPIO  |     IMX6ULL GPIO FUNC   |   WM8960 GPIO          |

|-----------------------|-------------------------------------|-------------------------------|

| SD1_DATA0       -     SAI2_TX_SYNC            -       DACLRC               |
SD1_DATA3       -     SAI2_TX                        -       DACDAT               |
SD1_DATA1       -     SAI2_TX_BCLK            -       BCLK                     |
SD1_CMD          -     SAI2_RX_SYNC           -                                     |
SD1_DATA2       -     SAI2_RX_DATA            -      ADCDAT                 |
SD1_CLK           -     SAI2_MCLK                  -                                     |

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E.g. SAI2_RX_SYNC and SAI2_MCLK pins of IMX6ULL left unconnected.

While all looking to IMX6ULL EVK schematic I see that all six WM8960's pins: DACLRC, DACDAT, ADCLRC, ADCDAT, BCLK and MCLK connected to relative IMX6ULL's pins.

So, I hear sounds using headset connected to jack when I play some audiofile:

$ aplay sample.wav

But no luck with recording:

$ arecord -f S24_LE -r 48000 -Dhw:0 test.wav

$ aplay -Dhw:0 -r 48000 test.wav

Just noise instead of sounds.

So I am wondering if unconnected SAI2_MCLK and SAI2_RX_SYNC can be an issue of non working microphone or something else? 

标签 (1)
标记 (4)
0 项奖励
1 回复

795 次查看
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Almaz

one can try to tweak amixer settings:

README\mxc_amix_test\test - imx-test - i.MX Driver Test Application Software 

description can be found in Linux Manual in i.MX Software and Development Tools | NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 项奖励