cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6ULL EVK doesn't boot

aleksejkolga
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm working with the imx6ullevk board running freescale Yocto.

After some experiments with custom SW application which accesses GPIO via mapped memory board fails to boot.

It was working fine and then was left for some time (weekend) powered but no custom SW was running.

Today after restart nothing is displayed to the serial debug console and moreover it looks that DDR memory chip becomes hot.

Is there any diagnostics I can do or is such failure recoverable at all?

Regards, Aleksej Kolga

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aleksej 

ddr chips can be tested with ddr test tool

i.MX6/7 DDR Stress Test Tool V2.80 

As for imx6ullevk board boot, one can program new image

using Demo Images from below link, use Linux Guide from Linux documentation package

i.MX Software|NXP 

To avoid issues, first recommended to disconnect all cables from board, wait some time,

connect power cable, power-up board, then attach other cables. Avoid to apply external signals

to unpowered board.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

aleksejkolga
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Actually, the UART serial port is not accessible, neither PuTTY or screen on Linux cannot connect.

I mean, no output is printed to the serial console at all. And DDR test tool says "ERROR: Can't open USB device!!!"

I'm trying to boot from the original SD card which came with the EVK. Is has not been modified, so should contain valid boot image.

On the board itself after powering it on, green LED is lit, but orange is flashing just for a moment and then always OFF.

DDR chip becomes very hot after few seconds.

Regards, Aleksej

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aleksej 

in general one can check hardware using guidelines in

Hardware Development Guide for the i.MX 6ULL Applications Processor
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/IMX6ULLHDG.pdf

NXP return service:

Returns and Warranty Information|NXP 

Best regards