Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6ULL EVK ... boot from QSPI and SD CARD inserted

fabio_poiatti
Contributor III

Hi all

I found this

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/How-To-use-NAND-boot-on-i-MX6UL-EVK-boar...

where it seems not possible to have boot from qspi and sd card inserted for IMX6UL-EVK.

Is this valid also for IMX6ULL-EVK?

My intention would be to have a boot from qspi (main functioality) and all the applications running on sd card.

Thanks

Fabio

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

NAND flash is not populated by default on the i.MX 6ULL EVK board. To boot from the NAND flash, the following reworks should be implemented:
1. Remove the QSPI Nor flash device
2. Populate the NAND device
3. Change the Boot-mode switch (SW601) settings to ON, ON, OFF, ON
4. The developer should adjust the BOOT_CFG settings for specified NAND Flash device, by exchanging the pull up/down resistors. See the main board schematic for more information

The data lines of NAND flash are multiplexed with the eMMC and MicroSD, so they cannot be used at the same time.

But for the QSPI you can use,

On the 6ULL EVK board, there is one 256 MB QSPI Nor Flash device. To boot from the QSPI flash, the boot device switch (SW601) settings must be changed to OFF, OFF, OFF, OFF.
Additionally, the developer should adjust the BOOT_CFG settings for specified QSPI Nor Flash device, by exchanging the pull up/down resistors. See the main board schematic for more information.

0 Kudos