cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6UL wifi/bt module FW download error

jichen1
Contributor I

Hi all,

I am playing with the imx6ulevk and want to make a wifi/bluetooth combo module PAN9026 works on it by building a yocto image. The module uses sdio to communicate and the final built system can recognize the module but failed to download the binary FW through sdio as follow.

pastedImage_2.png

I am very confused about the error: cmd53 write error=-84, cannot find any detail about this error online.

The yocto image I built is based on the repo provided by the imx6ulevk manual

repo init -u https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/imx-manifest -b imx-linux-rocko -m imx-4.9.88-2.0.0_ga.xml

The PAN9026 also provides a yocto build sample but based on the wandboard imx6DL.

So, I just move the meta-layer from PAN9026 ycto repo to the imx6ulevk repo and modify the bitbake .bb , machine config and distro config to make the image compile.

The sdio to module driver I used is from Marvell for 88W8977 chip in PAN9026

SD-WLAN-SD-BT-8977-U16-MMC-V16.68.1.p170-16.26.1.p170-C4X16544_V2-MGPL.zip

I think this driver is successfully installed.

pastedImage_8.png

and also sure the firmware requested in the system exist.

pastedImage_9.png

mmc0 also looks fine

pastedImage_10.png

system info

pastedImage_11.png

Anyone has ideal?

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

damien_kirk
Contributor I

Hi,

For anyone who has the same problem, I fixed mine by resetting the PAN9026 using the PDn pin. Cycle it low, then high. Solution taken from PAN9026 initialization problem after reboot - Non-Embedded Multi-Mode - Panasonic Technical Forum .

Damien

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jiadong

possible i.MX6UL cmd53 errors and workarounds are described in
sect.56.4.1.4 Dividing Large Data Transfer i.MX6UL Reference Manual,
also one can try to ask updated firmware for L4.9.88 kernel from PAN9026

vendor tech support.

http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/IMX6ULRM.pdf

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos